Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Napping

Here in Verona, the days are long and the nights short. The sun comes up bright and early and the day is started at 9:00AM. I have breakfast (bread with cream cheese and fruit), fill my water bottle up (34oz), and head off to class around 9:10AM. It is a 20 minute walk from here to class, and luckily I pass the time away walking with Stefanie and Scott. We soon arrive and full Italian immersion after that... NO INGLESE (as Rita says!).

Classe Italiana lasts until 1:00pm and then the day is done... what now? Well, I'll tell you what! Lamb meat! Yes, Dustin, lamb meat. I know I said I would never ever eat a baby lamb (haha), but when Doner Kababs are right there on the way home and only 3 euros, it's a perfect combination. Today, I had Fanta orange drink too - also a delight. But now it is only 1:30 or 2:00 at the latest! I have until at least 11 or 12 at night to use hours away! Yesterday was an attempt at NO NAPS! But that was too tiring and today we tried NAPS!

Needless to say, I was me and I took a 3 hour nap. It was great, I feel rested, and now it's 5pm. Yet, I still don't know what to do now... study Italian - I suppose that would work. Being much like spanish right now though, I'm really not in the mood to study old material (however, it is different and I should... so I probably will!).

I still have pictures to take ... but knowing that I'll be living here for 2 months it's silly to go do that right away. Much like window shopping, I'm window "scenering." There is so much beauty and so much time to take it in, that I'm trying to find the perfect VERONA pictures. Piazza Bra and Erbe will be a must of course, along with Juliets tomb and a picture of me rubbing her boob. If you know anything about Verona, it's that it is the site of where a balcony that "could" be where Romeo cried his famous lines. But in all reality, there are some real references in Verona to Shakespeare's story. No, Romeo and Juliet were not actual people, but the families they were based off of, are thought to ahve inhabited ancient Verona. Whoever goes to visit Juliet, will see her statue is much rubbed on the right breast - good luck of course! Another hot spot, a little restaurant in "Romeo's House." This is where I tried the meats of animals I would never try in the Stati Uniti (duck, veal, horse). The arena is only 5 minutes from here and that will be photographed as well...

Needless to say, there is much left to do - but why do it all so soon! Nap I must!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home